In preparing a joint programme proposal, the following resources available online might be helpful for designing SDG-F's joint programme concept notes. Many of them are result of MDG-F's efforts to gather and analyze best practices and lessons learned based on its 130 programmes in 50 countries.
Resources for design and implementation of joint programmes
- Joint Programme implementation guidelines
- Joint Programming on Youth Employment and Migration: A Training Guide
- Handbook for Results Based Management (UNDG)
- MDG-F Joint programming tools
- MDG-F Joint Programmes's Final Evaluations
- MDG-F Online Library.
- MPTF document center with financial reporting and budgeting information
Resources for sectorial areas
Food Security and Nutrition
- Addressing Malnutrition Multisectorally (MDG-F/UNICEF, 2013)
- Jointly Addressing Food and Nutrition Security: Sharing the practical findings from the MDG-F. (MDG-F, 2013)
Water and Sanitation
- Recommendations for the application of an intercultural approach in rural water and sanitation projects (MDG-F/SIWI, 2013)
Resources for cross-cutting issues
- Integrating Climate Change Adaptation into Development Co-operation: Policy Guidance (OECD, 2009)
- Mainstreaming Climate Change Adaptation into Development Planning: A Guide for Practitioners (UNDP-UNEP Poverty-Environment Initiative, 2011)
- List of references from the UNFCCC on how to mainstream climate change into development programming.
- Two Roads, One Goal: Dual Strategy for Gender Equality Programming in the Millennium Development Goals Achievement Fund (MDG-F/UNDP/UN Women, 2013)
- Making Joint Gender Programmes Work (MDG-F/UNDP, 2013)
- Guiding Principles on Business and Human Rights, prepared by the Office of the High Commissioner on Human Rights
- Millennium Development Goals and post-2015 Development Agenda in ECOSOC’s website
- UN Secretary-General’s High-Level Panel of eminent persons on the Post-2015 Development Agenda
- Open Working Group on Sustainable Development Goals
- Post 2015 One Secretariat
We also recommend visiting UNDG website, with helpful guidance and good experiences on UN joint development efforts by UN Agencies.